Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Deme Mis Tacos!

My beloved Los Angeles taco trucks are under fire, and, under no circumstances do I intend to let them go down without a fight.

A new law would prohibit them from parking in any one spot for longer than an hour without receiving a $1000 fine. Thank GOODNESS someone has stepped up to combat this madness. A pair of ex-Oxy roommates currently living in Highland Park have created www.saveourtacotrucks.org to mobilize taco truck lovers across LA. They have even declared May 1st taco truck night.

I will be visiting my own personal favorite-- Leo's on Eagle Rock Blvd in approximately 10 minutes to demonstrate my own solidarity with the movement. 'Ain't no one gets between me and my quesadilla de pollo con guacamole y limon. Especially not Antonio. It's ok for him to sleep around with Latinas, but when Angelenos try to buy a late-night snack from one, he gets his panties all in a twist? That boy's mama needs to smack some values into him.

No comments: