Monday, April 21, 2008

Back In My Day . . .


Things have come a long way since I was in high school. All I got in the way of a promvitation was a, "Hey gurl, Wanna hook up at prom next weekend? I can get us a good deal on condoms," scribbled onto a paper cafeteria napkin and stuffed into the vent in my locker when I wasn't looking. Sadly, my would-be-suitor forgot to sign his name, so I never got to take advantage of his once-in-a-lifetime offer.

Only kidding. My high school had a graduation ball rather than prom. Our parents all came. Nookie and intoxication were scarce. Still, if someone had invited me to the prom on Digg, had I known what it was, I probably would have said yes. I mean, this kid has cojones. Slightly nerdy cojones, admittedly, but cojones nonetheless. Talk about a potential for public humiliation. On that note, I sure hope she doesn't shoot him down.

No comments: